Foreigners Apply for New Car Registration
The owners should fill in the Application Form，submit the vehicle for testing，and supply the following certifications and proofs:
1. Personal identifications;
Both originals and copies of identity cards of the owners，Passport and Residence Permit ( a period of at least six months stop ) and the Lodging Registration Certificate by the local police stations can be referred as personal identifications.
The personal identifications of foreign embassies，consulates，persons of international organizations in China are valid identity documents issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs .
The identities of foreign embassies , consulates，foreign diplomatic offices and representative offices of international organizations in China are provided by the embassy，consulate or the office，the representative organization.
2. Certificate of vehicle derivation;
3. The domestic vehicle factory exit approval certificate，invoice of imported vehicles;
4. Certificate of the purchase tax receipt;
5. The third-party liability insurance;
6. Other certificates as listed in the regulation and laws on vehicles registration .
Owners of vehicles that don't belong to the imported ones by Customs or don't belong to the safety-testing vehicles by the Vehicle Department of State Council should provide Vehicle Safety-Inspection Certification.
Driver’s License in China
Applicants should take the valid foreign driver's license with them; fill in the motor vehicle driver's license application form with the following forms:
1.Applicants' passport and residence certificates;
2.Health certificate issued by an approved hospital;
3.A notarized Chinese translation of the valid foreign driver's license.
Applicants of the foreign embassies，consular and international organizational in China will take the valid foreign driver's licenses with them， fill in the motor vehicle driver's license application form with the following forms:
1.Applicants' passport and residence certificates;
2.A notarized Chinese translation of the valid foreign driver's license.
Applicants of foreign embassies，consular staff and international organizations in China should be issued the driving licenses according to the Diplomatic Principle of Reciprocity.
Violations of Traffic Rules
Foreigners driving motor vehicles in Jinan should be familiar with Chinese traffic laws and regulations. Accidents happened in Jinan should be handled according to the Procedural Requirements of Road Traffic Accidents as well as the special regulations that deal with foreign affairs:
1. When handling the traffic accidents of foreigners，the Traffic
Management Department of Public Security Organ should inform the parties their rights and obligations that the law regulated;
2. If a traffic accident occurs on the road，the foreign driver can be suspended leaving the country by the Public Security Organ before the accident was over;
3. In traffic accident，foreigners assume full or primary responsibility; the Police Traffic Branch should inform them that measures for property preservation before litigation can be taken in the request of rights holders.
4. In handling the road accidents，the Police Traffic Branch use Chinese as their working language. For the foreigners who don't know Chinese，they should provide translation service; the parties who understand Chinese and don't need translations must issue a written statement; the foreigners can hire translators by themselves，and the translation costs should be paid by them;
5. When foreigners who enjoy diplomatic privileges and immunities have car accidents on road，traffic police can detain their driving licenses on believing in giving temporary suspension or revocation of the drivers' license. If motor vehicles need to be tested or inspected，the Police Traffic Branch should get their consent，and return immediately after testing; the Traffic Management Department cannot force testing or inspecting if the parties don't agree to do so，the only thing they can do is to write down on the records. In need of investigating the foreigners enjoying diplomatic privileges and immunities，the Traffic Police can reserve talk with them，the talk should be limited within the road traffic accident. For those refuse to be talked with，keep records;
6. The Traffic Management Department of Public Security Organ should write the Protocols on road traffic accidents according to the collected evidence，and send them to the parties. If the parties refuse to take，send them to their institutions;
7. When foreigners enjoying diplomatic privileges and immunities refuse to be investigated，tested or inspected，the damages matters can be better solved in the diplomatic ways;
8. In handling the fatality of foreigners enjoying diplomatic privileges and immunities in road accidents，the Traffic Management Department of Public Security Organ should record the basic conditions such as the identity documents，the accident progress，the injury consequence on file，and quickly inform to the provincial People's Government as well as the parties' Embassy or Consulate;
9. When foreigners of foreign embassies and consulates，international organizations，and representative bodies of international organizations in China who enjoy diplomatic privileges and immunities occurred traffic accidents，the Traffic Management Department of Public Security Organ should record the basic conditions such as the identity，documents，the accident progress，the injury consequence on file，and quickly inform the Provincial People's Government as well as the parties' Embassy or Consulate. But the Consular Privileges and Immunities of the People's Republic of China， different regulations of the acceded international conventions as well as the acceded agreements with the relevant nations or international organizations are of exception.
Jinan Municipal Public Security Bureau Traffic Management Authority
Address : NO.4199 Runhua Auto Garden Jingshi