In 2013, Jinan’s GDP reached 523.02 billion Yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.6%. Of the total, the output value of the primary, secondary and tertiary industries was 28.47 billion Yuan, 205.32 billion Yuan and 289.23 billion Yuan, up 3.9%, 10.1% and 9.7% respectively. The ratio of the three industries was adjusted from 5.3:40.3:54.4 last year to 5.4:39.3:55.3. Calculated by the resident population, the per-capita GDP was 74,993 Yuan, an increase of 8.7%.
Quan Cheng Square
1．Construction of regional service centers proceeds forward steadily. The added value of modern service industry reached 142.98 billion Yuan, accounting for 49.4% of the added value of the service industry.
There are 300 financial institutions of various kinds, with the RMB deposit and loan balances totaling 1,080.81 billion Yuan and 781.25 billion Yuan respectively. The revenue of software and information service industry hit 130 billion Yuan, up 25%; the total value of social logistics amounted to 1,522.53 billion Yuan, up 13.2%; the total tourism revenue reached 52.89 billion Yuan, up 14.5%; and the direct operating revenue of conference and exhibition industry reached 410 million Yuan, up 10.8%. The development of headquarters economy has been promoted, high-tech service industry development plan promulgated and cultivation of high-end services intensified.
2. An investment of 79 billion Yuan has been made in 220 key projects in the city, 101.2% of the annual planned amount. The industrial investment of 80.6 billion Yuan has been completed, up 24.5%, including 54.82 Yuan in technical improvement, an increase of 22.3%. The total investment of new contracts added up to 70 billion Yuan, including nearly 80% in advanced manufacturing and modern service industry. The quality of reserve projects has improved significantly. The consumer demand has expanded steadily, with the total retail sales of consumer goods reaching 263.39 billion Yuan, an increase of 13.4%. The E-commerce transaction value amounted to 106.4 billion Yuan, up 29%. Innovation-driven role has been enhanced. There are three newly identified national-level enterprise technical centers, 58 municipal-level innovative enterprises and 214 independently innovated products, with the sales ratio of new products of enterprise technical centers at all levels hitting 48.5%. Solid progress has been made in energy conservation and emission reduction and ecological construction.
3. The built area in the downtown reached 470.6 square km, and the city's urbanization rate increased to 66%. Urban rail transit construction officially started. The urban water supply coverage rate, gas gasification rate and central heating rate reached 98.5%, 98.7% and 70.1% respectively. The city's image has improved significantly. Water ecological civilization construction has been comprehensively promoted. The forest coverage rate reached 34%.
4. Development of county and district economy has been accelerated. The headquarters economy, building economy and tax-source industries of the four urban districts have witnessed faster development. The revenue of Lixia District exceeded 10 billion Yuan, that of Shizhong District reached 7.25 billion Yuan and that of Huaiyin and Tianqiao Districts surpassed three billion Yuan.
5. There are 283,000 private economic entities in the city, including more than 5,000 private enterprises above the designated size in three nominated sectors. There are some one hundred technological enterprises newly set up by institutions of higher learning and scientific research institutes in Jinan. The total import and export value amounted to US$9.57 billion, a year-on-year increase of 4.7%. The foreign capital actually distributed reached US$1.32 billion, up 8.2%; and the contracted Chinese investment of overseas direct investment hit US$540 million. The value of offshore service outsourcing delivery reached US$1.51 billion, up 83.9%.
6. The per-capita disposable income of urban residents and per-capita net income of farmers reached 35,648 Yuan and 13,248 Yuan, up 9.5% and 12.4% respectively. The consumer prices rose by 2.8% over the previous year. There were 186,000 new urban employees and 74,000 employees from surplus rural laborers. The registered urban unemployment rate was 2.4% and the overall employment rate of college graduates 84.4%. The number of participants in various social insurances and the social insurance fund revenue hit new record high. The universal health care system has been further improved. Construction of 16,370 affordable houses of various kinds has started, and 8,717 houses (rooms) have been distributed to the public. The standard of access to public rental housing has been reduced, giving the same treatment to migrant workers and local residents.