1. Jinan Museum: located at 30 Jingshiyi Road, Lixia District, it is a regional comprehensive museum. With a construction area of 6,300 square meters and a display area of 2,400 square meters, it is a national Level-two museum and a provincial base for patriotic education. The collected cultural relics include chinaware, jadeware, bronze ware, calligraphy & painting, coin, etc; the permanent exhibitions include Glory of the Ancient City—Jinan Historical and Museum-collected Cultural Relics Exhibition, Museum's Treasure Series Exhibition, etc; holding temporary exhibitions with rich contents in various forms all the year round, the Museum is an important window to promote the profound historical and cultural foundation of the ancient city Jinan.
2. Jinan Laoshe Memorial Hall: it is located at 58 Nanxin Street, Shizhong District. With the original layout of the entire courtyard kept, it is a former residence of Mr. Laoshe in Jinan; with a construction area of about 280 square meters, it is to display the footprints of Laoshe, a people's artist, in Jinan, the three themes of Jinan depicted by Laoshe, as well as the life and creation of Mr. Laoshe in Jinan through the forms of exhibition board, scenario recovery, etc.
3. Cai Gongshi Memorial Hall: it is located at 370 Jingsi Road, Huaiyin District. Originally as the place where Mr. Cai Gongshi, the Director of Foreign Affairs for the Battlefield Committee of National Government and concurrently a negotiator specially appointed by the Department of Foreign Affairs to Shandong, was murdered, it was transformed into Cai Gongshi Memorial Hall and opened to the public for free on May 3, 2012. With a construction area of 960 square meters and a display area of 320 square meters, themed by “May 3rd Massacre” and deeds of Cai Gongshi, through the forms of physical display, visual & textual materials, sculptures, restored exhibitions, etc, it reproduces the glorious life of Cai Gongshi for pursuing the revolution, as well as defying death to defend the country and nation.
4. Jinan Commercial Port Culture Museum: it is located at 370 Jingsi Road, Huaiyin District. Covering an area of about 500 square meters, it was opened to the public for free on May 18, 2012. Divided into six exhibition rooms, namely self-established commercial port, industrial and commercial economy, diverse culture, social kaleidoscope, new life of the ancient city and commercial port established for the second time, through the forms of physical display, visual materials, etc, it shows the rich commercial port culture of Jinan, the profound historical and cultural foundation, and the rapid development of the commercial port in recent years.
5. Jinan Archaeological Museum: it is located at 2 Qianfoshan West Road, Lixia District. With a construction area of about 450 square meters, it is an important exhibition hall to display the development of archaeological undertakings of Jinan. Majorly displaying the objects unearthed by archaeological excavation in recent years, it shows the important achievements of Jinan urban archaeology and field archaeology, promoting the time-honored historical culture and urban civilization development of the ancient city Jinan.
6. Jinan Police Museum: it is located at 17777 Lvyou Road, Lixia District. With a construction area of more than 3,650 square meters and a display area of more than 2,200 square meters, divided into five exhibition rooms, namely police history of Jinan, gun, land title, peace of Jinan under the police badge, etc, it displays the police-related cultural relics, collections, etc. from the thirteenth year of Emperor Qianlong’s reign (1748) in the Qing Dynasty to 2014, showing the development history of police organization from November 1902 when it was established in Jinan to the period after the liberation of Jinan.
7. Jinan Confucius Culture Museum: covering an area of 24.7 mu, with a construction area of more than 4,000 square meters, it is located in Jinan Confucian Temple and Prefectural School, 214 Daminghu Road, Lixia District. Dacheng Hall is displayed with the statues of Confucius, 4 saints and 12 sages, as well as ritual vessels, musical instruments, etc., while the verandas in the west and east are consecrated with 68 statues of ancestral sages; in Minglun Hall and Zunjing Pavilion, lecture on studies of Chinese ancient civilization, display & exhibition and other activities are held all the year round, which thus are importance places to carry forward the excellent traditional culture and carry out the education in patriotism.
8. Jinan Qushanyihai Museum: it is located inside Wanda Plaza, Shizhong District. As the former site of the general out-patient clinic of Shandong Red Swastika Society, it is an outstanding modern architecture integrating Chinese and western architectural arts with structural layout. In history, Jinan has ever been crowned as “Qushanyihai (paradise of folk art)” and collectively called as three wharfs of Chinese folk art with Beijing and Tianjin. Through the forms of pictures, objects, etc, it shows the great development of Jinan local opera, literature and art so that the audience can deeply appreciate the unique charm of Jinan folk art.
9. Jinan Filial Piety Culture Museum: it is located in the north side of the west gate of Baihua Park, Minziqian Road, Licheng District. Relying on Min Ziqian Tomb Garden, preserving Min Ziqian Tomb, stone inscriptions unearthed in urban district of Jinan, Minzi Ancestral Temple, etc, displaying statue of Min Ziqian, 24 stories of filial piety, etc, showing the traditional filial piety culture of the Chinese nation, the Museum is an important place for Jinan City and even Shandong Province to promote the filial piety culture.
10. Jinan Planning Exhibition Hall: it is located in the west end of national fitness center of Spring City Park. With a construction area of 2,000 square meters, divided into four parts, namely natural and unrestrained Jinan, elegance and talent of Haiyou (elegant name of Shandong in the ancient times), evolution of Spring City and blueprint for planning, themed by “Famous City upon Springs • New City of Landscape”, centrally showing the characteristic style and features, historical culture, urban evolution, construction achievements, urban and rural planning, etc. of Jinan through various forms, it is an important window to display the brilliant achievements and grand blueprint in planning and construction of Jinan.
11. Jinan Campaign Memorial Hall: it is located at 18 Yingxiongshan Road, Shizhong District. With a construction area of about 7,000 square meters and a display area of more than 3,900 square meters, through the forms of objects, pictures, charts, replicas, etc, it displays the real process of Jinan Campaign, reveals Jinan Campaign’s plan and the creativity involved in the implementation of Campaign, shows the great significance of battle command art in rapid strike and victory at the time when our army was still lack of experience in conquering big cities, and eulogizes the victory of the people’s war under the leadership of the Communist Party of China.
12. Shandong Museum: it is located in the east end of Jingshi East Road, Lixia District. Officially opened to the public on November 16, 2010, with a construction area of 82,900 square meters for the main body and a total display area of 25,000 square meters, it has launched more than 10 permanent exhibitions, displayed more than 10,000 pieces of precious cultural relics, systematically shown the important role played by Shandong as a culturally grand province in the birth, formation and development of Chinese civilization, as well as fully demonstrated Qilu culture and Confucian culture with characteristics of shandong.
13. Shandong Carved-stone Art Exhibition: it is located at 6 Qingnian East Road, Lixia District. With a construction area of about 1,000 square meters and a display area of 100 square meters, as the first professional carved-stone museum of Shandong Province, it focuses on showing its collection of epitaphs of the past dynasties, statues, stone reliefs of Han Dynasty and other carved-stone artworks, as well as the epitaphs from Qin & Han Dynasties to the Five Dynasties in Shandong area, stone reliefs, materials for cliff inscriptions of sutra of the Northern Dynasties, etc.
14. Shandong Art Museum: it is located at the east end of Jingshi Road, Lixia District. With a total construction area of 50,000 square meters and a display area of 11,800 square meters, divided into 11 exhibition halls, featured by perfect functions and advanced facilities, integrated with collection, research, exhibition, education, communication and service, it is currently the largest provincial modern art museum in China.
15. Shandong Science and Technology Museum: it is located at 1 Nanmen Street, Lixia District. Covering an area of 8,400 square meters and with a total construction area of 21,000 square meters, divided into two parts, namely popular science exhibition and scientific-technical activity, established with lobby, children's science and technology park, exploration · discovery, innovation · invention and so on four major exhibition areas, astronomical observatory, 4D cinema, etc, themed by “human · exploration · innovation”, opened to the public, it is an ideal place for popular science education to carry forward spirit of science, popularize scientific knowledge and spread scientific thought & method.
16. Shandong Military History Museum: it is located at 7777 Jingshi Road, Shizhong District. With a construction area of about 2,600 square meters, it is divided into nine parts, namely ancient military, sparks of fire, bloody anti-Japanese war, determination to fight and win, preparations for battle, a prosperous country with a powerful army, heroes and models of the times, shining stars of general and loving care. Taking the military struggle history of Shandong as the main line, as well as the classic battles, major events and important military activities taking place on Shandong in different historical periods as the context, it records the arduous revolutionary struggle course of Shandong civilians and armymen under the leadership of the Communist Party of China since 1921, as well as the outstanding achievements of the construction for army, militia and reserve forces, reproducing the great spirit of Shandong civilians and armymen for their lover to our Party & motherland, perseverance, sacrifice & contribution and forging ahead in unity.
17. Shandong Communist Party History Museum: covering an area of 1,200 square meters and with a construction area of 1,273 square meters, it is located at 3 Gongqingtuan Road, Tianqiao District, the name of which on lintel was written in person by Peng Zhen, a predecessor of proletarian revolution and a former Chairman of the Standing Committee of National People's Congress. With three exhibition halls established, as an essential position of spiritual civilization construction, it majorly shows the historical data, pictures, etc of the Party, as well as vividly reproduces the development and expansion of the local party organizations of Shandong, as well as the course of revolution, construction and reform & opening up carried out by the people under the leadership of the local party organizations in Shandong.
18. Jinan Art Museum: it is located in the junction between Lashanhe West Road and Weihai Road, Huaiyin District. With a construction area of more than 15,000 square meters and a display area of more than 5,000 square meters, divided into eight exhibition halls, it was officially opened to the public on October 12, 2013. With a thickness of 11 meters, its main exhibition hall can display giant painting. With the exhibition facilities, building automation, constant temperature and humidity, lighting, fire alarm, security monitoring system and so on having reached the domestic professional level, it is currently one of the modern professional museums first class at home and most advanced in Shandong.
19. Jinan Hongjitang Museum: it is located at 281 Jinger Road, Huaiyin District. Originally as Xiji of Hongjitang, it was preserved in the reconstruction of old city. With a display area of about 300 square meters, majorly displaying the traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) of Hongjitang and other TCM-related cultural exhibits, it is the first comprehensive thematic museum in Shandong Province integrated with medicine sales, TCM proved prescription, TCM health maintenance, knowledge popularization of TCM, display of TCM ancient cultural relics and introduction of TCM historical culture.
20. Jinan Liberation Memorial Hall at Liberation Pavilion: it is located at the east end of West Heihuquan Road in Lixia District. It was the breach of the Liberation Army at the Jinan Battle on September 24, 1948. The Liberation Pavilion was built especially for Jinan’s liberation. A high group sculpture of siege soldiers of Liberation Army stands in the center of the lobby of the Memorial Hall. A 35-meter-long white marble embossment around the outer door of the lobby shows the magnificent scene of people’s supports the Liberation War till the victory of the battle, further strengthening the memorial characteristic of the revolutionary history of the Liberation Pavilion.
21. Li Kuchan Memorial Hall: it is located in Wanzhu Garden in Baotu Spring Scenic Spot with the occupied area of 12000 m2 and over 10 exhibition rooms, exhibiting Li’s over 400 posthumous works and the cultural relics like books and paintings collected by Mr. Li all year round as well as his pictures and letters, of which there are the quality works like Blooming Red Plums, Snow in A Fine Day, Ink Bamboo and Midsummer.
22. Jinan Xiaoqinghe River Comprehensive Treatment Exhibition Hall: it is located at the south-east corner of the crossing of North Qinghe Road and North Lishan Road in Tianqiao District with the exhibition area of 1000m2 or so. It is divided into 3 themes of the flowing long river, treatment of Qinghe River and the future Qinghe, mainly displaying the evolution, transition, human landscape, economy, shipping and folk custom of the River as well as the whole process of the 1st stage project of Xiaoqinghe River comprehensive treatment like project approval, preparation, start, construction till the almost finish of the project as well as the beautiful scene at the both sides of the new landscape river after the complete finish of the Xiaoqinghe River comprehensive treatment project.
23. Memorial Temple of Xin Qiji: it is located at the west side of Xia Garden at the south bank of Daming Lake, also known as Jiaxuan Temple. It is rebuilt from the original Li Hongzhang Temple. It is a building like the ancient government office with three-entry courtyard of north-south direction and an occupied area of 1400m2. A horizontal inscribed board on which “Memorial Temple of Xin Qiji” written by Marshal Chenyi is hung over the door. Xin Qiji’s statue and the poetries and paintings praising Xin Qiji by the contemporary celebrities like Ye Shengtao, Zang Kejia, Wu Boxiao and Tang Guizhang as well as the books in different versions of books about Xin Qiji are exhibited.
24. Li Qingzhao Memorial Hall: it is located at the Shuyu Spring side in Baotu Spring Scenic Spot with an area over 4000m2. A horizontal inscribed board on which “Li Qingzhao Memorial Hall” written by Guo Moro is hung over the door. Li Qingzhao’s statue, works and photographic works, poetries and inscriptions studying Li Qingzhao in the later generations are exhibited, displaying the great achievement and the abundant life of the poet in different levels like diagrams, words, pictures, books and paintings.
25. Shandong Post and Telecommunications Museum: it is located in Shandong Branch of China Unicom, 77 Jingsan Road, Shizhong District. It was the former site of Shandong Postal Administration Office Building, built in July 1918. It is used as a museum repaired and protected by Shandong Branch of China Unicom. It mainly displays the development history of Shandong post and communications. It is for the education and training and cultural tradition education of enterprise for the new employees internally, and displays the origin and development of Shandong post and communications, advertises and popularizes the post and communications knowledge as well as the science popularization educational base for the youth and the official cultural activity place of China Unicom.
26. Jinan Xiaoguanghan Film Museum: it is located at 48 Jingsan Road,Shizhong District. It was Jinan Xiaoguanghan Theater formerly established in 1904. It is one of the existing earliest public cultural facilities in Jinan. Now it is rebuilt into Jinan Xiaoguanghan Film Museum, exhibiting the film cinecamera, projector, classic film copies, precious movie posters and the props of the classic films from all over the world.
27. Shandong University Museum: it is located in Zhixin Building of Shandong University, 27 Shanda South Road, Licheng District with the floor area of 4000 m2 or so and exhibition area of 3000m2 or so, relying on the abundant collections of the Department of Archaeology, School of Historic Culture of Shandong University to form the comprehensive museum with the feature of historic relics exhibition, including the university history exhibition and the art exhibition of painting and calligraphy. It plays a more and more important role in the construction of campus culture and the service of the social development.
28. Shandong University Museum of Art & Design: it is located in Changqing Campus of Shandong University of Art & Design with Sun Changlin Art Collection and Shandong Oriental Chinese Folk Art Museum. Sun Changlin Art Collection exhibits ceramics, jade and stoneware, folk toys, folk New Year pictures, and rubbings of Han dynasty stone portraits for long term. Shandong Oriental Chinese Folk Art Museum exhibits over 10 categories folk handicraft collections in agriculture, handicraft, commercial medical tools, living furnishings, clothing & accessories, architectural ornament and components in the traditional agriculture time in China for long term. It is aimed at conserving the historic state, environment and gene of the traditional national and folk ecology as well as spreading and expanding the excellent national and folk culture to the whole society through the ways of collection, exhibition, study and education.
29. Licheng Museum: it is located in Tangye New City of Licheng District with the floor area of nearly 5,000 m2 and the exhibition hall area of 3,000 m2. It has 3 Exhibition Rooms of Cultural Relics in the Collection of Cultural Institution of Licheng District, Historic Culture of Shang Dynasty in Daxinzhuang and Folk Culture of Licheng, displaying the important political status of Licheng in history as emphasis, highlighting the important role of Daxizhuang Site in archaeology of Shang Dynasty and the important influence of Licheng in archaeology.
30. Xin Qiji Memorial Hall: it is located at the south of Sifengzha Village, Lingang Street Committee, Licheng District covering an area of 29mu and the floor area of 4980m2, exhibiting Xin Qiji’s Bography, Mural on the Poetry Master of the Generation, Imitated Song Dynasty Relics and Jiaxuan Poetry Calligraphy Burring all year round, displaying life story and patriotic fellings of Xin Qiji. It is a thematic memorial hall reflecting the brilliant course of Xin’s life.
31. Licheng Xianggong Folk Museum: it is located at Xianggongzhuang, Guodian Street Committee of Licheng District. The sponsor is Xianggongzhuang Village Committee, constructing the museum by self-financing. It covers an area of 2000 m2 or so with an exhibition area over 800 m2, mainly exhibiting the folk articles like production tools, life appliances and wedding celebrations collected for years. It shows the production and life scenes closely linked with the villagers with the homely means.
32. Changqing Museum: it is located at Changqing Cultural Center, 17017 West Jingshi Road, Changqing District, covering an area of 800 m2 and with the floor area of 1,600 m2 as well as exhibition area of 700 m2. It is a Level III state museum and city level patriotism education base, exhibiting Relic Boutique of Jibei King’s Tomb in Western Han Dynasty at Shuangru Mountain, which is one of the Top 10 National Archaeological Discoveries and General Relic History in Changqing all year round.